My walkabouts on the Hari Raya circuit

Posted by Lakshmi


Sunday, 3 October 2010


It's been a month of feasting and eating..................... there were so many invitations to our famous 'open house' for Hari Raya that I've lost count......suffice to say that I over ate and am now paying the price -   batminton 3 times a week and aerobics in between and still struggling to get into my dress.... haiyo,  soooo susah la  !


Let me see,  I went to Puan Sri Sabrina's house on the first day and ate sooooo many cookies that I couldn't eat the other main dishes.   She had made about 107 or so different types of cookies and had them laid out specially, in rows at the dessert table, together with 20 or so different types of cakes.  One look at the long dessert table and I freaked out and  forget the main dishes..... stuffed myself silly and was groaning and moaning all the way home.........typical glutton that I was.................( luckily I had sampled a few of the varieties a week before so I had only 100 varieties  to gorge on at her open house!.)  The long long buffet table of main dishes courtesy of Concorde  Hotel Kitchen did not endear me after all the cakes, cookies and chocolate fountains




My kind of  paradise ..............................................  yummy...........




Ooooo simply heavenly



I went to Datin Suriaty's house located in Section 4 Shah Alam for her open house.   She had a fabulous house with a water pond, complete  with a wooden bridge, right inside her beautiful living room.   The 5 piece band played the oldies and the 'joget' songs much to my delight .  Michael Buble's 'Sway' sung by the band member made me want to dance too but as the place was so full of guests, there was hardly any room to walk, much less move my body!  The food was fantastic with real hawker style food preparation.  There was the 'ice kachang' hawker, the Chinese 'taufu bakar' hawker, the kway teow' hawker , the fried chicken hawker stall,  the roast leg of lamb table and the 'satay' hawker.   Glorious glorious food everywhere....... ...........................




A small gift for Datin Suriati........................... what else........


My good friend Roslinda and her jovial husband, En Ismail , invited me to their house at Greenville which is part of the Sultan Salahudin Abdul Aziz Golf Club at Section 13, Shah Alam. Ha, at Roslinda's house I was finally able to eat her homemade 'nasi himpit' with chicken 'rendang' and 'kuah kachang'( traditional Malay dishes of compressed rice cubes, spicy chicken and peanut sauce ).  Being a Johorean, she made 'asam laksa' ala Johore style.  I think she's one of the best cooks I know  - the chicken rendang  was absolutely delicious and the peanut sauce was really ' spoon lickin good'.

 Since Roslinda liked Indian cooking, I gave her a Premier  non-stick 'thosai' pan complete with a packet of instant thosai mix and my best  coconut chutney recipe, especially handwritten for her.


There were a few others along the same vein and since it might be boring describing similar events, I'll call it a day and say goodnight.


Happy reading


Lakshmi

No Responses to My walkabouts on the Hari Raya circuit

Leave a Reply