October Outings and a Surprise at the Bottom

Posted by Lakshmi

Tuesday, 2nd   November 2010



My! time does fly faster than it used to be, at least that's what I've been feeling lately.

Sometime in late October, I was invited by Teluk Panglima Garang Secondary  School (SMK Teluk Panglima Garang) at Banting for a folk and decorative art workshop for the Form 3 school leavers.  Numbering about about 200, they were assembled in the school hall with their fellow teachers when I arrived.  Armed with the paints and brushes and other needed items, which the School had asked me to purchase, I managed to make them paint. some simple stroke flowers.  It was one of the activities conducted by the school for students who had  finished sitting for their PMR exams. It was really hillarious  what they managed to do  with the paints and despite it being a new learning process for them,  they were game enough to create their own 'masterpieces' .

As it usually is, the teachers were all eyes and ears and they managed to practise  more .  Most of them were very surprised that they could actually do simple flowers and were much encouraged and happy with their handiwork.  I managed to do the little 'touch ups'  here and there for them and they were beaming with pride !  Ha ha.... ..the joy of painting does wonders to their self esteem...............  .........................................

I was so busy with the students  and teachers that I  had no time to take pictures, except for this lonely one but I did request the Senior Teacher to email me the pictures that she had taken .  I haven't received them yet..................................





My next outing was at the Berjaya University Institute of Hospitality located at Berjaya Times Square, Kuala Lumpur.   It was a fund raising event whereby the students of the Berjaya University Institute organised and put up a fund-raising cum management event as part of their practical paper.   It was organised exclusively for GOLD ( Generating Opportunities for Learning Disables), thanks to Puan Juairiah and Ms Airene .  Students of GOLD brought their handiworks to sell at the event.  At the end of the event, the students of  Berjaya University IH  presented an amount of  RM2000.00 to GOLD's fund.


My third event out was at Datin Zaleha Shamsuddin's JIDDAN boutique in SS21/37, Petaling Jaya.  It was the opening ceremony of her boutique .  A sumptious buffet was served after which I browsed in the boutique and bought a beautiful Cambodian ruby and diamond ring. It just caught my attention and even though the ring size was a wee bit small for my plump fingers( sigh !)  I bought it anyway.  What are friends for when we don't support them in their ventures?  I really really like the ring but  short of squeezing it in my finger and getting stuck,  I'm happy to give it to my daughter, Thangam, as my  Deepavali gift.




 My good friends, ( from left ) Maggi Ehsan, Datin Zaleha Shamsuddin and Puspawathi




Ha, that's me in  the  red  shirt blouse.  I painted the rose bouquet on my blouse, as with everything else...!  The young lady clad in black is Datin Zaleha's only daughter.






Datin Zaleha's oil painting on canvas. Yup... she painted it herself.  Bold, strong and  vibrant  effect yet feminine at the same time........


That's all for now...................    Oh! by the way, do look out for me on RTM 1 's Selamat Pagi Malaysia  programme  on  Deepavali  day itself, 5 November 2010.  Not sure what time they 'll fit me in.  Will update details later


Happy reading and painting



Lakshmi

No Responses to October Outings and a Surprise at the Bottom

Leave a Reply