My Community Project at MPSJ , Subang Jaya

Posted by Lakshmi

As part of my community service project, I have now started teaching Folk & Decorative Painting at  Kompleks 3 ( Children's Creativity Centre) at Taman Bandar Sunway, PJS 11/2 on Saturday mornings.  It's the big blue and red building alongside Sunway Pyramid.    Classes start at 9am and finishes at 12 noon. I  started at 9.00am and finished the class in the late late afternoon!


My first class was attended by a mix of the young and old, meaning  school-going students and single parents, homemakers  and a few of the council staff - a real ragtag bunch but a happy one.  Everyone wanted to learn everything at the same time .    Some were true beginners and  were unaware of such art even existing.  Some just came to while their time and some  were so demanding that they expected me to finish the painting for them.  Anyway, I did oblige as much as I could and stayed on  until everyone left  for  home happily   with  their first painted project.   There was much  fun and laughter and also much more retouching to do.  Actually, I practically repainted over their work as  I wanted them to take home their first painted project to show off  proudly to their family/friends.    At the least, it will give them the confidence to continue painting  when they receive compliments on  their handiwork.  

Since this is a community project which I initiated with the Subang Jaya Municipal Council, ( Majlis Perbandaran Subang Jaya or MPSJ) students/participants are provided with the paints, brushes and other materials needed.  The only item the student/participant needs to bring is their own plaque or boards and hardcover  A4 size practise sheets to practice their strokes.  The first lesson costs only a mere RM$10.00.   

So for  those who are staying around town and are interested in Decorative Painting, this is your best chance to learn the basics.   Opportunity knocks only once so  make hay while the sun shines!


Classes will be conducted according to the response  received , so please call up  MPSJ at 

                            03-56370279 -  Cik Balkis /  Cik Nani  

to arrange for a seat. It's on a first come, first served basis.


See you at 3C Complex next Saturday








No Responses to My Community Project at MPSJ , Subang Jaya

Leave a Reply