A Big Fat Turkey and Workshop !

Posted by Lakshmi

Saturday 8 January 2011





New Year came and went as most new years do.  Only difference is we had a big fat turkey with
all its trimmings for New Year's lunch  which was downed with  glasses of Savignon Blanc  all round.    New Year is a big event in our family calender and is celebrated in similar style like the Chinese reunion dinner .  And so started a boisterous 2011...............

I have made no new year resolutions for the past few years and I'm not making one now either.  I'm just grateful for what I have now .  Along my life's journey,  I've  also learnt to appreciate the present than  think about the past or worry about the future.   I have just two mottos to guide me  now - i) Trust in God  and ii)  Everyday is a Gift .  Period.

My community classes at the 3C Complex are  ongoing .  I have just finished my class today and my next class on Decorative Painting at MPSJ 3C Complex is on Saturday, 22 January 2011 at 9am.  All those interested , please call Cik Balkis at  MPSJ tel:  03 -56370279  or call  me at 012-6709459 ,  email : luckylaksh11@gmail.com for any further info.


1 Day Workshop on Folk & Decorative Painting

Since the beginning of last year, I've received tremendous support from friends and readers with regards to learning Folk & Decorative Painting and with this in mind, my good friend, Tengku Norashikin and I are intending  to conduct a 1 day workshop sometime  in May 2011.  It's in the planning stages and I will update the details as soon as we have finalised it.

Conducting a 1 day workshop on Decorative Painting  has been on my mind for quite some time and it would indeed be a great event for me .  It would be truly lovely to be able to  meet all my blog friends and like minded painting enthusiasts and spend time together at the workshop.  To make it a fun  and happy event, I would  very much appreciate and welcome  your  suggestions and  ideas  in all sincerity. .  We gals can handle both  learning skills and have a whale of a time at the same time, can't we ?

On the same matter, I would sincerely like to thank all my students and friends and readers who have supported  me and contributed to my blog through your comments and input. It has been a journey of self-discovery for me  since I first started blogging ..... and along the way, I've learnt and experienced  a multitude of life's facet .  I  am still learning  and I would like to thank all those who have come into my life these past years and enriched  and helped me to become who I am today.

A humble and grateful soul



Happy reading and painting



Lakshmi

No Responses to A Big Fat Turkey and Workshop !

Leave a Reply